OTTAWA: Gerald Soroka Member of Parliament for Yellowhead wishes to advise the following extensions of support measures for Canadians and Canadian businesses:
1) Extending the eligibility period for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy and Lockdown Support until October 23, 2021and increasing the rate of support employers and organizations can receive during the period between August 29 and September 25, 2021.
2) Extending the Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB), the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB), and the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) until October 23, 2021.
3) Increasing the maximum number of weeks available for the CRB, by an additional 4 weeks, to a total of 54 weeks, at a rate of $300 per week, and ensuring it is available to those who have exhausted their employment insurance (EI) benefits.
4) Proposing to offer businesses greater flexibility when calculating the revenue decline used to determine eligibility for the wage and rent subsidy programs and the new Canada Recovery Hiring Program.
5) Draft legislation to provide further clarity on previously announced changes to the wage subsidy for furloughed employees.
Further information can be found at: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2021/07/extending-business-support-measures-through-the-pandemic.html