FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OTTAWA: Gerald Soroka Member of Parliament for Yellowhead wishes to advise the launching of the 2020–21 New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) Call for Proposals for community-based projects.
This year, organizations will be able to apply for funding to support seniors dealing with the pandemic by submitting project proposals that offer specific COVID-19 relief and recovery activities for seniors.
Organizations are invited to apply for funding that supports the NHSP national priorities for this cycle:
- Supporting healthy ageing
- Preventing elder abuse and fraud
- Combatting ageism, celebrating diversity and promoting inclusion
- Improving seniors’ access to government services and benefits
- Adapting community-based organizations to a more virtual environment
Organizations are still welcome to submit proposals for more traditional NHSP projects that they plan to deliver in 2021–22.
The 2020–21 NHSP community-based Call for Proposals is open until October 20, 2020.
Details on how to apply, please go to: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/new-horizons-seniors.html