Testing in Alberta
- Whether you have symptoms or not, take the online self-assessment and book an appointment for testing.
Alberta Health Services Resources:
Where can you find the federal self-assessment tool?
Mental Health Resources
- 1-877-303-2642 (Toll free)
- Federal support:
- – The federal government is giving $7.5 million in funding to Kids Help Phone to provide young people with the mental health support they need during this difficult time.
- – Get the support you need
- Alberta Support:
- Mental Health:
- – The COVID-19 pandemic can have a significant impact on Albertans’ mental health.
- – Resources are available if you need a little extra support, advice on handling stressful situations, or ways to talk to children.
- – If you need help, call the Mental Health Help Line at 1-877-303-2642 day or night, seven days a week.
- – You can also access help and advice through the Addiction Help Line at 1-866-332-2322.
- – https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx#toc-2
- Family violence:
- – If you or someone you know is at risk of family violence, help is available.
- – Call our 24-hour Family Violence Info Line at 310-1818 to get anonymous help in over 170 languages.
- – Find information on shelter and financial supports
- – Learn how to recognize and prevent family violence
- Child neglect and abuse:
- – Children are at a higher risk for neglect and abuse during times of uncertainty and crisis.
- – Call 1-800-387-KIDS (5437) toll-free, 24/7 if you think a child is being abused, neglected or sexually exploited.
- – Learn the signs of abuse
How to get your free masks for Albertans:
- Starting June 8 you can get 4 free non-medical masks per person at any Alberta A&W, McDonald’s Canada and Tim Hortons drive-thru locations. These are available while supplies last with no purchase necessary.
- Masks will not be distributed inside restaurants or at locations without drive-thrus.
- If you can’t access a participating drive-thru location, we encourage you to ask a family member, friend or neighbour to pick up your 4 masks. You can also call 211 for help.