Restrictions on public gatherings in Alberta are in effect:
- Unless otherwise identified in public health orders, such as workplaces, places of worship, or in restaurants, gatherings of:
- – more than 15 people are not allowed in one indoor location
- – more than 50 people are not allowed in one outdoor location
- All gatherings under these limits must occur in a space that allows for mandated physical distancing of at least 2 metres from each other.
- Examples of indoor and outdoor gatherings include
- – business and education: seminars, workshops
- – family events: weddings, funerals
Worship services and funerals
- Worship leaders are encouraged to continue holding worship services and funerals remotely, but can offer multiple services to reduce attendance to 50 people or one-third of normal attendance, whichever is smaller and whichever ensures physical distancing will be maintained. Congregational singing is a high-risk activity and is not allowed.
- For more information, see:
- More information on restrictions and exemptions here: https://www.alberta.ca/restrictions-on-gatherings.aspx