Can I still apply for SIN?
- We are still accepting SIN applications but will no longer be accepting them at our in-person Service Canada Centers.
- More details can be found: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/coronavirus.html
Can I still apply for or renew a passport?
- Canadians with urgent travel needs may obtain passport services if they:
- – have a serious illness, or must tend to the serious illness or death of another individual they have had a relationship with;
- – suffer from economic hardships due to loss of job or business (the cost of an airline, bus or train ticket does not constitute economic hardship); or
- – must travel for humanitarian grounds, supported by the requesting organization.
If you meet one of the above criteria, you may contact the Passport Call Centre at 1-800-567-6868 or fill out the Service Canada e-form.
If you do not meet the above criteria or are experiencing symptoms such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing or you are in self-isolation or quarantine, please delay submitting your passport application until further notice.